I decided to try my hand at virtually recreating a favorite look, via the wonders of online shopping. I’m not actually buying any of these things, but I like the idea of searching out pieces with which to make my own version of an inspiration room. The target today is my favorite porch from my previous inspiration post:
*image via Kathryn Dover on Pinterest
I’ll tell you right up front that this was NOT so easy. I was searching far and wide, but still struggled with a few pieces. Namely those chairs! The chairs in our inspiration pic are gorgeous, and clearly one of a kind. I really couldn’t find any chairs to compare, so I had to compromise a bit. These are still nice options, though – just need a paint job!
1. Aaron Wood Seat Chair from Pottery Barn – $299 for the arm chair
2. White French Bistro Side Chair from World Market – $199.98 for a set of 2
3. Carved English Arm Chair from DutchTouchAntiques on Etsy – yeah, I even checked Etsy – $195, and there was only one listed.
The table was a tough one, too. The original table is gorgeous – I couldn’t find an exact match, so I tried to stick with the same idea: round, wood, hopefully with some curves on the base.
The hanging lanterns were fairly easy, and I like a few different options for these, but still with the same flavor.
1. Wire Lanterns from West Elm – $59 – $69
3. Silk Citrus Hanging Lantern from Overstock.com – $33.99 (I’m pretty sure this is exactly the one that’s in the inspiration picture)
I couldn’t find a floor lantern quite as large as the one on the dream porch, but a grouping of 3-5 smaller lanterns would work.
1. Marrakech Hurricane Lantern from Overstock.com – $76.99
2. Casablanca Filigree Metal Lanterns from Pottery Barn – $59 – $99
The pillows were fun – again, not exact, but I was happy to keep them light and happy in pinks and blues. AND I found them all at Pier 1 ♥!
1. Embroidered Bird Pillow from Pier 1 – $26.18
2. Beaded Flowers Pillow from Pier 1 – $22.38
3. Diamond Flower Applique Pillow from Pier 1 – $27.96
4. Floral Appliqued Pillow from Pier 1 – $23.96
The last piece is the curtains, and I found just one perfect option for these.
1. Outdoor Grommet Drape from Pottery Barn – $49 – $69
Ta da! I’m like your own personal shopper…for things you may not be shopping for. You’re welcome! 😉
**Please note that prices listed are as of the date that this post was drafted.**